January 2010 – March 2010
January 2010: A half-day workshop on Local Leadership and Development was conducted in Gwadar. This workshop was designed and delivered by two local resource persons. 21 participants (13 men and 8 women) from 16 partner organizations attended the workshop.
February 2010: An interactive session on “How Networks Work” was organized in Karachi’s rural areas. There were 10 participants from six organizations who discussed both formal networks of organizations and informal social networks of individuals. The Civil Society Resource Centre (CSRC) organized a discussion on Social Change in Pakistan. There were 13 participants (including 3 women) from 10 organizations at this event.
March 2010: AKF (P), in collaboration with Microsoft Corporation, held a successful event titled “NGO Connection Day” on the Role of ICTs for Development: Opportunities and Challenges at the Islamabad Serena Hotel. As many as 87 participants from 61 Civil Society Organizations (including 35 from partner 25 CSOs of the Hum Qadam project from Murree) attended this event.
January to March 2010 – Visits to partner CSOs
- Senator Dr. Mohammad Ishaq Baloch Trust, Gwadar
- Dhoria English Language & Computer Society, Gwadar
- Bright City Community Board, Gwadar
- Bright Education and Social Society, Gawdar
- Gwadar Education Welfare Society, Gwadar
- Rural Community Development Council, Gwadar
- Roshni Citizen Community Board, Gwadar
- Sahil Health and Development Organization, Gwadar
- Khatoon-e-Jannat Fellowship School, Karachi
- Roshan Fellowship School, Karachi
- Dawn Fellowship Elementary School, Karachi
- Shehbaz Fellowship School, Karachi
- Milestone Child Aid, Karachi
- Women Citizen’s Community Board, Badin
- Muqaddas Citizen’s Community Board, Badin
- Nari Nimani Citizen’s Community Board, Badin